Shazam! Fury of the Gods star Djimon Hounsou has lamented the pay inequality he's faced throughout such a celebrated career. Nominated for two Oscars in the Best Supporting Actor category thanks to his performances in 2002 drama In America and 2006 thriller Blood Diamond , apparently, the Beninese-American still struggles to "make a dollar". "I've come up in the business with some people who are absolutely well-off and have very little of my accolades," he told The Guardian . "So I feel cheated, tremendously cheated, in terms of finances and in terms of the workload as well." Hounsou elaborated: "I've gone to studios for meetings and they're like: 'Wow, we felt like you just got off the boat and then went back [post- Amistad , his breakout movie with Steven Spielberg]. We didn't know you were here as a true actor.' "When you hear things like that, you can see that some people's vision of you, or what you repre...
Comments
Post a Comment